Monday, November 3, 2014

Home Improvement Around My House: A Window Seat!

B and I had a blast doing the Parade of Homes this weekend.  The Parade is made up of open houses around the county, showcased by local builders and renovators.  It's a great time and an opportunity to get some awesome inspiration for home improvement.  One of the (absolutely gorgeous, expensive luxury) homes had a beautiful built-in window seat.  I've wanted a window seat since I was about 8 years old... and I'm 30 now!  While I was gushing, B said very matter-of-factly, "You know I could build you one."  Um yes.  So now, of course, I'm going nuts planning it all out.

This is about what we're thinking:

image: Tar Paper Crane



I have one wall in my bedroom that's mostly taken up by a window and that area kind of ends up as a clutter magnet.  This definitely seems like the likely candidate for a window seat makeover.  With a little furniture rearranging, this whole wall can be used for a window seat and built-in storage... and considering my entire house has ONE closet, that's good stuff.  SO excited.  I think the furniture rearranging will be a win too.

I don't have a good picture of that area and my camera batteries are dead.  Because I went to the store to buy batteries for it and bought another pack of the wrong kind that we already have, because that's how I roll.  Sigh... Pictures of that coming later.

Anyway, here are some more inspiration pictures that I've gathered.  I can't wait to get started.  There are a few other projects (like the kitchen) that are on the docket to happen first, but hopefully soon!

image: seagrassinteriors.blogspot.com

image: thedecoist.com

Original image source unknown, via Pinterest
image: Traditional Home

Original image source unknown, via Pinterest

What do you think?  Been wanting a window seat?  Or maybe some other design feature that you've wanted since you were a kid?

-Robin

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This

1 comment:

  1. The internet is bogged down with bogus blogs with no real message but the post was fantastic and well worth the read.Thank you for sharing this with me. best electric pressure washers

    ReplyDelete

some_text