Tuesday, December 24, 2013

WISE MEN STILL SEEK HIM.

Merry Christmas! This has been a stressful holiday season for me, mostly because of work. I'll be working on both Christmas Eve and Christmas.  Sometimes that can be hard, but I have a lot to be thankful for.  We celebrated Christmas a little early and we've done fun things here and there to be festive in our own way.

While it may be cliche, Jesus is the reason for this season.  I pray that we remember Him in this often hectic time.

I'll close out this post with a few pictures from my home decorated for Christmas.  I didn't do a whole lot of decorating this year, but we got a real tree (a noble fir, I had never had one of those before) and I put out a few other little things.
(personal photos)
Christmas tree!  With a train!


My adorable, but creepy, reindeer.  I swear she moves when I'm not looking.

And lastly, we found this awesome brass figurine nativity set at Pottery Barn.  Apparently it's sold out online, but we found ours in a store.  $35 for 14 pieces... a total deal in my opinion, plus they're super weighty and not easily broken (no damage when I accidentally dropped Jesus behind the couch). We love that it's a nativity, but a bit more stylish than some of the more traditional ones.


"And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,
And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour."
Luke 1:46-47

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful tree, wish ours looked like that. Reindeer is very cute, even if she does have a mind of her own. The nativity is essential and appropriate for any decor, and mixes well with religious and secular designs, as yours shows! Looking forward to your New Year's tips and style suggestions..............DL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! I've got a New Year's Etsy roundup posted now and I've got lots of fun stuff planned for the new year :)

      Delete

some_text