Tuesday, December 30, 2014

The irony of being a new blogger

Blogging can be weird.  If you're writing about a particular subject matter (decorating/cooking/beauty/whatever else you can think of), you want to at least kind of seem like an authority.  No one's going to want to read your blog if you have no idea what you're talking about.  The ironic thing is that most of us in the hoards of eager new bloggers have no idea what we're doing.  So we're constantly trying to research and learn to do it better and for the most part, there's always a huge learning curve.

I'm certainly no different.  I've been struggling for a year with the look of my blog.  As a designer myself, I thought that I could make the blog look good on my own, without outside help.  I'm no graphic designer though and I realized that that was not the case.  I eventually realized that blog templates are readily available, especially on my old standby, Etsy.  (I don't know why it sometimes takes me so long to find stuff like this, but I digress...)  So I enlisted the help of Leanne from Brand Me Beautiful to help me get a new look.  


With the craziness of the holidays and a hospital stay on her part (yikes), it wasn't quite the quick fix that I thought it would be, but it's all up and running now and I'm so excited to finally have a nice looking blog.

Check back in the new year for lots of new content on my pretty new blog!

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This

No comments:

Post a Comment

some_text