Tuesday, January 7, 2014

MICHELLE'S INTIMATE SOUTHERN CHIC SAVANNAH WEDDING

Confession: I love watching Say Yes to the Dress and its kooky spin-off Say Yes to the Dress: Atlanta. On the Atlanta edition, I giggle to myself when brides come into the salon declaring that their theme is "Southern Chic"... but not really having a clear idea of what that means to them.  Their confused group runs around the salon holding up dresses asking if they're "Southern Chic" enough.  It usually ends in the bride tearfully saying that a sleek mermaid dress makes her feel "like Scarlett O'Hara" while her bewildered group cheers her on, relieved to finally figure out what "Southern Chic"means.

Michelle's wedding is the real deal though when it comes to Southern Chic, taking place against the historic, Spanish moss-draped background of Savannah.

All photos courtesy of the bride, photography by Maria Reed of Romeo Cowboy Photography, www.romeocowboyphotography.com/ 

When Michelle first contacted me about a brooch and flower bouquet in my shop, she described her wedding vision as "intimate and classic Southern inspired" but also unique, without being over the top. She loves polka dots, stripes, dark purple, ranunculus, and anemones. I did my best to incorporate as much of this as possible into her custom order.  Lots of classic brooches kept with the theme and lace and pearls scattered throughout the bouquet nodded to classic Southern style.



Sneak peak photo that I sent to Michelle :)
All in all, I couldn't be happier with how Michelle's bouquet came out... and how awesome it looks like her wedding day was!  Michelle and I worked on this together for quite awhile: from initial convo, to coming up with ideas, hunting for brooches for months, me moving house in the middle of all of this, and finally sending it off (with tracking and insurance and a prayer that it wouldn't get lost in the mail)!

 






Looks like it was a super fun day!  Thanks Michelle for letting me be a part of it!


Photography: Maria Reed of Romeo Cowboy Photography, www.romeocowboyphotography.com

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This

2 comments:

  1. Love SYTTD!! My original plan for a wedding dress was a tea length with a petticoat and a lace bolero... so I can't pretend I was a bride who knew exactly what she wanted from go... But once we started working together, I was so excited with the idea we came up with- and you NAILED it!! Thanks so much for designing the PERFECT BOUQUET!

    ReplyDelete

some_text