Wednesday, May 27, 2015

A New Rug for the Living Room

When I got my house 3 years ago, I bought a new rug for the living room from Rugs USA. It's great quality and I got it for an insanely low price (I think it was about $125). I still love this rug and it's a great striped pattern, but I've been noticing lately my living room is a little too bright and energetic for where I'm at in life right now... I'd really like something a little more soothing. I think the floors have a lot to do with this. My wood floors have a very strong red-orange undertone and fairly bold grain pattern. I'd love to change them out someday, but that definitely won't be happening anytime soon. Sadly, I think my beautiful rug also contributes to how visually busy the space feels. So, right now, I'm dreaming of something a little more sedate for my living room rug.

My living room, as it looks now.


I'd love to get another rug from Rugs USA, since I really love the prices, quality, and selection...

This is the rug that I really like. It got great reviews, but they say it's a little silvery. Not sure that a metallic will help my problem...

This one is pretty nice too.

I like that this one just has the designs on the ends.

I like the designs in the corner of this one, but I guess it's out of stock in grey, at least for now.

Or maybe a braided rug?

You can see the rug really well here in this earlier (not very good) photo.
It's not like I really have any money to be buying rugs anyway, but I'm hoping I can get something soon! Any opinions?

Have a great rest of your week!
-Robin
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This

2 comments:

  1. I also like the one with the designs on the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The braided rug is room warming, blends nicely with wooden floors and goes well with the age/style of your cottage. Many years ago, I had braided rugs throughout my wood floored home and they were very reasonable. Shopping for similar braided rugs more recently, I found them to have gone up substantially in price and much more expensive than similar sized modern rugs. I still love them on wood floors. They wear well also.

    ReplyDelete

some_text