Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Vitamin String Quartet: Alternative Wedding Music that Sounds Traditional

Vitamin String Quartet has been a popular choice for wedding music for quite awhile now and their awesomeness is not breaking news.  Still though, I was pretty surprised when I was reading some comments on Rock N Roll Bride and saw that there was VSQ version of the Smashing Pumpkins' Stand Inside Your Love.  I'm pretty obsessed with the Pumpkins, so I was excited by this revelation.  Then, I found out that there's an entire album, "The String Tribute to Smashing Pumpkins."  I went on YouTube to hunt for it and fell down the rabbit hole of VSQ options. 
 

This cover of 1979 is amazing.


Pompeii by Bastille is a fun song anyway, but it is gorgeous in the VSQ cover.

All I Want is You by U2.  So good....

Welcome to the Black Parade by My Chemical Romance.  So beautiful and the cover has a completely different feel from the (awesome) original.

Wake Me Up by Avicii

And because we love Avicii so much, Hey Brother.

Covers by Vitamin String Quartet are an awesome way for couples to use their favorite pop and rock songs in a way that sounds traditional and pretty, plus doesn't cause elderly Great Aunt Ethel to clutch her pearls.  Although go ahead and use the original version if that's what rocks your boat!

Also, can I just say that being a blogger is awesome, I got to listen to this music all afternoon as "research"....

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This

No comments:

Post a Comment

some_text