Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Creative, Personalized Cake Topper Options

I am so, so excited for this post. I've got some fun things in the works and I can't wait to share them with you all.

Up until recently, cake toppers weren't something that I'd thought about a whole lot. But after painting an adorable pair of peg people cake toppers for my own someday wedding, I thought, "hey, this is really fun, I'd like to make more of these." So the wheels in my head started turning on how to start making this a potential product for my shop. Around the same time, Patience Brewster contacted me about collaborating to show you all some awesome options for cake toppers. So now my head is full of all things cake topper-related (haha) and I can't wait to show my readers some creative options!


Not so long ago, it was really hard to find any kind of cake topper that reflected who you are as a couple, especially if you're a person/people of color, a same-sex couple, or even just wanting something a little different. Thankfully, that's changing and there are so many more options these days. Instead of a traditional one piece cake topper, I love "cake toppers" that are separate pieces, allowing couples to chose different figures representing their personalities, physical features, and gender.

Hand-painted Peg People Cake Toppers

I'm so excited to debut this new item for my shop! These adorable peg people are completely customizable: hair color, skin tone, eye color, clothing, veils, and gender.



You can also go with tall and short, like I've done here or both tall/both short. Or if you've got children you want to include, the parents can be tall and the kids short. All kinds of families and couples should be able to have cake toppers that reflect themselves!

These are the cake toppers that I made for my wedding, using blank peg people from Dandelionland. She makes some of the most adorable personalized wooden cake toppers.

I'll give them clothes when we get a closer to an actual wedding date and know what we're wearing!


Ornaments as Cake Toppers

I don't know that I would have thought of this right off the bat on my own, but after talking with the folks at Patience Brewster, it got me thinking about what awesome cake toppers ornaments can make. It's the same general idea, choose two separate pieces that represent you individually as a couple and bring them together as one awesome cake topper!

Patience Brewster makes whimsical ornaments based on her drawings. So cute and playful!

Here are some of my favorite combinations of ornaments for cake toppers...

Boy/Girl of the same kind of animal (or Girl/Girl, Boy/Boy)
Two different kinds of animals that represent you each individually.
How about some cute little elves?!


Another pairing of two different kinds of animals. Love the little black sheep.

I love the cute Peter Colada and Rose Wine. Pick your favorite combination of adult beverage cuties!
I'd set them on a little wooden base like I did with my hand painted ones above, maybe add some flowers around it!

Here's an example of using the Arthur and Annabelle horses as cake toppers that the folks at Patience Brewster shared with me...

Image via Patience Brewster. Cute, huh?!

These are just a couple of ideas that I've been working on lately, but this same concept could be applied to almost anything you can think of, like action figures, small dolls, figurines, maybe those little Vinylmation figures! I love the idea of cake toppers that are separate pieces for each person so that you can mix, match, and personalize to get the combo that's just right for you and your honey!

Hope this gets your creative juices going!

Have a great week!

-Robin
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This

No comments:

Post a Comment

some_text